Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Sunday



I like this picture...I'm just putting up some skecthy ideas. Not fleshed out entire. Just to see how it looks in type...Also, I don;t know what other people think, but I'm using the tags to highlight ideas, themes, images, etc about my scripts so as to view by tag later. Might be interesting a couple months down the road to see how many of us wrote scenes about "family","loneliness","nudity"...just a couple of thoughts. Enjoy!

Sunday by Bob Fisher (first draft)

Characters
Man Holding his Arm
Police Officer
Woman
Another Women (Man’s Wife)


________________________________________________

(Sunday morning. The streets seem empty. Maybe most the town is off to church. Man is sitting on the curb. He is rocking slowly back and forth, holding his Arm. He is visably agitated. A Police Office slowly lumbers over, familiar and a little hesitant.)

Police Officer –
Morning

Man Holding Arm-
Morning

Police Officer (points at Man’s Arm and then up to a window above them on the other side of the street.)
-I got a call

Man Holding Arm -
Yeah

(pause. Man is silent, seething, maybe to angry to speak)

P.O. – (clears throat)
So, I got another call this morning

M.H.A -
She took a shot at me!

P.O. -
Let me see that

(Police Officer examines Man's arm.)

It is not even scratched.

M.H.A.
It was one of those air rifles for kids.

P.O.
How do you know that?

M.H.A
(reaches into his breast pocket and pulls out pellet ammo. He hands it to Police Officer)
Here...the roof's riddled with them.

P.O.
That doesn't make sense. Why’d she do that?

M.H.A.
She doesn't want me on the roof!

P.O.
Yeah?

M.H.A
She thinks if she pops off all my birds. I'll have no reason to be up there.


P.O.
No more alibi

M.H.A.
You believe her?

P.O.
Nah! It seems silly enough

M.H.A.
(holding up his arm)
It’s getting less silly but the minute! Why don;t she just pull the shade closed anyway

(From up above)

Woman-
I shouldn't have to pull my shades closed. I'm on the top floor. I should be able to let the sunlight tan me from my winder without old sots looking over my flesh

M.H.A.
No one's looking at yer flesh anyhow. That's the problem ain't it!

(Pellet gun ricochets off the sidewalk)

P.O.
Nell, Stop shooting that popper! You're going to put out some one's eye!!!

Woman -
Well, I ought ta. Maybe then I can live in peace. Maybe then I can get an even tan without worrying about some would be rapists egging his self on while quote unquote fiddling with his birds!

M.H.A.
What do you know? Aint I allow to have my pets? Selfish old bat!
I got some dirty words for ya!

P.O.
Don't please don't egg her on.

M.H.A
If I could aim em right at ya!!! But, I don't want the whole world to hear!

Woman
Ha! Let's hear them dirty words.

M.H.A.
Oh you'd like that wouldn't ya. You'd like me to stand out here in the middle of the street for all creation to bespot my character shouting obscenities up to yer window.

(She fires again.)

M.H.A.
(to Police Officer)
How many times does she have to discharge that remington till you get up those stairs and do something about it?

P.O.
What am I going to do? Huh? Lock up an eighty year old woman?

M.H.A.
I think a night or two in the pokey might file down that temper of hers

P.O.
If she didn't have that bb gun, she'd be showering us right now with worse.

Woman
Don't think it ain't kept that opinion. Timmmmmberrrr!!!!!!!

(They both duck. A chamber pot lands between the men.)

P.O.
Thank god it was empty.


Woman
I want those birds gone. Those bird cover more feces in a hour than a dozen of my chamber pots could!

(She starts shooting. We hear bird wings flapping incessantly.)

P.O.
Nell, why don't you stop. Don't make me come up there.

(Another Woman's voice from up above.)

A.W.
Tommy!!!Tommy!!!Get inside! Don’t let her murder ya!

M.H.A.
It is not enough she doesn’t want me on my own roof. I'm not letting her chase me off a public street as well.

A.W.
Nell! Stop it stop shooting!

Woman
I wouldn't be shooting up the town, if you could control your man!

A.W.
Tell me about my man!? He's up there feeding the birds. He aint checking you out!

Woman
You don’t know nothing. Of course, you’re back his play. You don’t want em to lock yer devil man up! They got eyes those devils. They're peepers. I tell ya. There all peepers.

A.W.
The last time somebody peeped you, I was a glint in my father's eye.

Woman
What!? What?!!! Say that again! Say again only this time come closer to your window!

A.W.
You're not a woman

Woman
Come closer...closer closer to the potted plants dear!. I want your peeper husband to see when I shoot fillings out from between your teeth.

A.W.
You're not a woman! You're a cow!

M.H.A. (to P.O)
You got to do something about it. Or I'll do it!

P.O.
Don't forget who's the law around here.



M.H.A.
You got one of three options here, Mr.Law. You take her to jail. You take me to jail. Or you shoot me dead for walking up those stairs and killing an old woman.

A.W.
You rolling around on your back showing off your utters, but nobody cares. That's why you're in an uproar. Because nobody cares about your naked flesh. You got nothing I couldn't see at a butcher's shop.

Woman
Look at these! Look at these! You mean to tell me you'd call these utters?!

P.O.
Oh no! She's going to jump!

M.H.A.
I can only hope!...(takes a good look. Aside) Damn! I didn’t know they grew hair like that.

(Police Officer darts into Woman's apartment building. BB gun fire.)

M.H.A.
Ginny! Get on the roof!

A.W.
She's still got the rifle, Tom!

M.H.A.
Cover my birds. She'll murder em all!

(bb gun fire. Dead pigeons start falling to the street.)

M.H.A.
Oh no!! Oh no!!! Bird Murderer!

A.W.
It's not your birds, Tommy!

M.H.A.
Go Ginny! Please! I’ll draw her fire, but get to the roof please!

Woman
How are you going to draw my fire? I shoot what I want! I want those caged plagues killed!

M.H.A.
Damn woman…cover yer….cover yer…cover yer hair!!!!